Friday, March 18, 2005

18 Mar 2005

Been missing again from my blog for a few days now. And there aren't many classes. Then why am I missing. Well, I was in London for a couple of interviews. Went okay. But it was nice to be back in London. I think I can feel quite at home there. Got a bit of the India feel as well as the US feel. Ashish and Abhimanyu happened to be in London as well, so it worked out great.

But the job presentations are rolling in at a fast pace. Its not possible to attend all of them, and/or apply to all of them. So the time has finally come where I actually have to narrow my choice or work/sector/job/company. There's a McKinsey dinner tonight and I'll be sitting at the BTO table. Missed the Bain, BCG, BAH presentations, but hopefully they weren't that vital. And last night, was a late night submitting applications for them. I hope my words were coherent in my cover letter considering I was so tired. So, let's see, I only slept about 5 hours on Monday night (reached Milton Keynes for the BT interview Monday night), then 4 hours Tuesday night (Goldman Sachs the next day), 3 hours the following night (was spending some quality time with A/A), and then 5 hours last night. And one of the work-life balance presentations say that there should be a minimum of 6 hours sleep everyday. I don't see that happening just yet. But hey, I think I can manage to live longer by sleeping less, because its more hours of awareness. Which translates to more hours of fun and games. So maybe its not such a bad tradeoff.

No comments: