Well I just reached Fontainebleau yesterday. It was very nice of Sally Uncle to pick me up from Etoile. I took the air france coach to the Arc De Triomphe and then Sally picked me and dropped me to my place at Fontainebleau. It was even pouring cats and dogs.
My place is pretty quaint. On the rim of a forest. Every now and then I see a caterpillar in my room. Then I sweep it outside the window. Very old place. Not that big, but big enough. More like a log cabin it feels sometimes! Fontainebleau itself is a small town. I'm guessing typical french town. But its actually a town and not countryside. There's a main road with shops and all. And a big Chateau in town.
Today I went to the countryside as well. Some students live a 20 min drive away in big houses with huge gardens with swimming pools, table tennis, snooker tables etc...Most students have leased cars. I found a place about 2 kms from campus. Either a 30 m in walk or a 25 min bike
ride. So I'm going to do it that way. The landlord has plenty bikes in the backyard so I've been using those.
I have to work on my french now. There is probably a test sometime next week which I have to pass. If I don't, I'll have to take classes and pass it later.
No comments:
Post a Comment