Probably the longest stretch since a posting on the blog. Also probably the most I've ever traveled in one fortnight. The second remark explains the first.
Its been Paris - NY - LA - SF - LA - NY - Paris - NY - SF - Paris, without staying more than a couple of days in any one of these places. The Art Center trip to Los Angeles was amazing. We visited the design center and saw some of the creative works of the students there. The highlights were the trips to the various design studios - Nokia, GM, BMW Designworks, Idealab, Nasa Jet Propulsion Labs, Disney Imagineering. I missed the dinner at the french consulate and the trip to Rhythm and Hues (the studio responsible for the special effects of Electra, Garfield amongst others). Now Rhythm and Hues, I really wanted to see. But I had to fly down to San Fran to meet with Google for a couple of hours at the airport and back again to Los Angeles.
It was a great bonus(bonus or critical motive?) being back in New York and being able to meet Bhamini the good old folks of NY/NJ. An even greater bonus was when I had to come back to California (and stopped over NY again) to Mountain View for an interview. I post this blog from Mountain View. I got a Grand Am rental and drove around San Francisco today. Took a scenic route through the hills into SF, went to Coit Tower, GG Park, Lombard Street (crookedest street), and then had dinner at Washington Square. It was nice. Tomorrow I'll be visiting the Mountain View office. I missed the Montmelian Arabian Nights party last weekend at INSEAD due to my travels. Its Greek Week this week, and I'll be catching the end of it by the time I'm back in Fontainebleau on Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment